From his daughter, Jana Novak:
As many of you may have heard by now, dad aka Michael Novak, died peacefully early this morning from complications from colon cancer, at his apartment in DC surrounded by family.
* * *
The mass will be held in the Crypt Church of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC at 2:30 or 3 pm EST on Saturday, February 25, 2017 (exact start time still being worked out).
Viewing will be prior to mass, in the Crypt Church as well, beginning at 1:30 pm EST.
Burial on Monday, February 27, at 11 am EST at Rock Creek Cemetery in DC.
Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception 400 Michigan Avenue, Northeast
Washington, D.C. 20017
Reflections on Novak’s passing
[This post will be continually updated in the weeks to come]
- Michael Novak, theologian who made a spiritual case for capitalism, dies at 83 Washington Post 02/17/17.
- Michael Novak, Rest in Peace, by Jay Richards. Catholic World Report 02/17/17.
- In Memoriam: Michael Novak, 1933-2017 Noah Rothman. Commentary 02/17/17. “Celebrating the memory and work of an intellectual giant.”
- Catholic Thinker Michael Novak remembered with gratitude Catholic News Agency 02/17/17.
- AEI mourns the loss of Michael Novak Arthur C. Brooks. American Enterprise Institute. 02/17/17.
- Catholic University Remembers Michael Novak as Influential Thinker, Prolific Writer, and Beloved Mentor
- The Soul of Democratic Capitalism Brian C. Anderson. City Journal 02/17/17.
- Remembering Michael Novak, by George Weigel. National Review 02/17/17.